RAF Bomber Command formed
14th July 1936
RAF Bomber Command was the organisation that controlled the RAF's bomber forces from 1936 to 1968.
During World War II, the command destroyed a significant proportion of Nazi Germany's industries and many German cities, and in the 1960s was at the peak of its postwar power with the V bombers and a supplemental force of Canberra light bombers.
RAF Bomber Command had 19 Victoria Cross winners and, in August 2006, a memorial was unveiled at Lincoln Cathedral.
Bomber Command 1936 - 1968 at Pen and Sword Books Back to Anniversaries